[ejabberd] mod_ctrlextra, shared roster groups and more pubsub fun...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 05:57:06 MSK 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/16 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
>> When you say this works, if you have 2 client connections _before you
>> start those 3 steps_ both see the 'group1' creation, and eachother as
>> soon as the 3 steps are completed? Without reconnecting?
>
> Yes, it works immediately.

Thanks for confirming this. Strange, I compiled and tested a 2.0.3 and
it appeared to have the same problem, but I didn't test it as much as
2.0.1 .

What's keeping me on 2.0.1 is a patch that implements a magic
'@online@' roster group thing (similar to '@all@'), and it doesn't
merge well the changes in 2.0.3 (probably the same changes that make
this work!). I've tried a manual resolution of the conflict, but the
resulting code didn't do the @online@ thing very well.

The jarring thing right now is that I need @online@ for
small-to-midsize schools, and the mod_ctlextra stuff for larger
schools where group mgmt is explicit. So I am a bit stuck.

 - Are you aware of the @online@ patch (I got it from Collabora, but
it may originate from P1...)?

 - Is there a reasonably simple way on 2.0.3 to make the SRGs only
report the online members? (then I could fold both cases above
together... and get the added benefit of smaller rosters)

> What you describe indicate you are using ejabberd 2.0.2 or older.
> This was fixed in ejabberd 2.0.3:
> https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-767
>
> I have tried ejabberd 2.0.2, and it behaves as you describe (which is
> also described in EJAB-767).

I have one backported patch that claims to fix EJAB-767 but looking at
the branch history... I need a few more bits, and those are the bits
that collide with the @online@ patch. Back to square one :-/

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions