[ejabberd] update the subscription_lists dynamically

Pablo Platt pablo.platt at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 14:15:27 MSK 2009

Apparently a similar bug was fixed in mod_shared_roster https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-731
When a new user was added to the shared roster, it wasn't pushed to online users.
I've tried to use the code from mod_shared_roster but it doesn't work so I'm probably missing something.

This is the code I used instead in mod_xmlrpc:

%% add_rosteritem  struct[{localuser, String}, {localserver, String},
%%                  {user, String}, {server, String},
%%                  {nick, String}, {group, String},
%%                  {subs, String}]                                String
handler(_State, {call, add_rosteritem, [{struct, AttrL}]}) ->
    [User, Server, ContactU, ContactS, Nick, GroupName, Subscription] =
    get_attrs([localuser, localserver, user, server, nick, group, subs], AttrL),
    Node = node(),

    Item = #roster{usj = {User, Server, {ContactU, ContactS, ""}},
    us = {User, Server},
    jid = {ContactU, ContactS, ""},
    name = "",
    subscription = Subscription,
    ask = none,
    groups = [GroupName]},

    From = jlib:make_jid("", Server, ""),
    ejabberd_sm:route(From, jlib:make_jid(User, Server, ""),
              {xmlelement, "broadcast", [],
               [{item,
             Item#roster.jid,
             Item#roster.subscription}]}),

    push_roster_item(User, Server, ContactU, ContactS, {add, Nick, Subscription, GroupName}),

    {false, {response, ["0"]}};