[ejabberd] 700kb of RAM per connection

Anton Belyaev anton.belyaev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 15:44:00 MSK 2009

2009/1/23 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Anton Belyaev <anton.belyaev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What could be the reason for such a behavior?
>
> - Are you using ssl/tls in the connections? Then search the archive
> for this list, there's a recent patch that might help with mem usage
> when using ssl or tls.
>
> - Are you using the "online" shared roster hack? It's included in the
> debian package so likely to be in Ubuntu as well. It's is a memory
> hog...

I tried disabling starttls option and it helped! Now for 300 onliners
ejabberd consumes about 30 mb.

Though I dont need TLS for my application, thats quite strange that
such a production scale server as ejabberd has problems with TLS. Hope
the patch helps and it will be the distribution soon.

Thanks a lot!