[ejabberd] ejabberd: using mod_admin_extra from bin install

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 13:33:51 MSK 2009

2009/1/27 tyju tiui <jckdnk111 at yahoo.com>:
> I've just installed ejabberd via the binary installer on a 64bit ubuntu server.
> Everything is working great, but I need a way to script resetting passwords so I compiled / installed mod_admin_extra.

You did not specify, but probably you installed ejabberd 2.0.3.

Did you check the README.txt of mod_admin_extra?
It says: "Requirements: ejabberd trunk SVN 1635 or newer"

Did you read that requirement? What did you think it means?

It seems nobody understands the requirement, or maybe does not even
check the document.

I have added an explicit mention in the file:
"This module DOES NOT WORK with any ejabberd 2.0.x or older."
"If you have some ejabberd 2.0.x, you can still use mod_ctlextra."

And in the page:
http://www.ejabberd.im/mod_admin_extra

---
Badlop,