[ejabberd] SRV lookups on windows

Alexander Gnauck gnauck at ag-software.de
Wed Jan 28 23:24:27 MSK 2009

Konstantin Khomoutov wrote:
> Did you try (or are you using) the "inetrc" file hack described
> somewhere in http://www.ejabberd.im/faq ?

the installer creates the inetrc file correct according to the FAQ.
I also tried to resolve manual in the erlang shell and it always fails.

> If yes, and it seems to error out due to a DNS server response timeout
> problem, I suggest you to try sniffing the DNS traffic on your NIC --
> may be it will help tracing the issue down.

I did, there are no outgoing SRV queries. Only a A record lookup which
ejabberd does always when no SRV records are in place or SRV lookups
fail or time out.

Its an Erlang problem, but because an XMPP server cannot federate
without SRV lookups I am posting this here.

Alex