[ejabberd] mod_logdb : mysql with out password

Agnello George agnello.dsouza at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 10:52:55 MSK 2009

hi

i have installed modlog db module for chat logging on one of my testst
server, i have created a DB called "ejabberddb" with out a password .
Through command line i am able to log into MySQL  wuthout a password (
#mysql ejabberddb ) . how ever in my ejabberd.cfg file although i put null
"" in my password file it still ask for a pasword . ( ejabberd.cfg file as
follows )

{mod_logdb,
  [{vhosts, [ {"nstest.com", mysql}, {"core.com", mysql} ]},
  {dbs, [{mysql, [{user, "root"}, {password, ""},{server,
"127.0.0.1"},{port, 3306},{db,
"ejabberddb"}]}]},
  {groupchat, none},
  {purge_older_days, never},
  {dolog_default, true}
  ]},

 My log files give me the following error

E(<0.460.0>:mod_logdb_mysql:106) : mysql_conn: init error 1045:
"#28000Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"
=ERROR REPORT==== 2008-03-17 10:21:00 ===
E(<0.459.0>:mod_logdb_mysql:123) : MySQL connection failed: login_failed

Can any one help me with this ..... how do i tell ejabberd to enter the DB
with out a password .

Thansk a million !!
--
Regards