[ejabberd] mod_logdb : mysql with out password

Jaco Kroon jaco at kroon.co.za
Sat Jan 31 13:42:14 MSK 2009

Hi,

A blank password, as you have discovered, is not equal to no password.

Just set a password, it's simple and effective, and more secure, I don't
care how you look at it.

mysql> grant all privileges on ejabberddb to ejabberd at localhost
identified by "password";

And now update your config to use ejabberd as the user and password as
the password.

You can still connect as root from the command line without a password,
although, I seriously discourage this practice.

Jaco