[ejabberd] SASL plain

Eloi Bail eloi.bail at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 15:56:36 MSD 2009

Hi,

I'm developping a xmpp client able to connect through ejabberd.

It works perfectly with anonymous SASL by sending :

<auth xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl' mechanism='ANONYMOUS'/>

As I want to use plain SASL instead of anonymous method, I send :

<auth xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl' mechanism='PLAIN'/>

 But ejabberd reply to me :

<failure xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl'>
<bad-protocol/>
</failure>

"<bad-protocol/>" failure is not mention in xmpp RFC...

Do you know if ejabberd support plain (it should) and what could be the
solution ?

Thanks a lot,

Eloi