[ejabberd] ejabberd 2.x user.

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:31:56 MSD 2009

2009/7/7 Jeffrey Rogiers <jeffrey.rogiers at gmail.com>:
> I am currently in the processes of converting to ejabberd 2.x from ejabberd
> 1.x and I noticed that the ejabberd process now runs as root while prior it
> used to run as the ejabberd user.
>
> Am I missing something? Is there a way to make it run as the ejabberd user?
> I didn't see this addressed anywhere.

I am not sure about previous released versions, but it's for sure that
it's supported in the current ejabberd trunk svn (which will be
2.1.0):

$ ./configure --enable-user=bob --prefix=/home/bob/ejains
$ make
$ sudo make install
$ su bob
$ /home/bob/ejains/sbin/ejabberdctl start
$ /home/bob/ejains/sbin/ejabberdctl status
The node ejabberd at localhost is started with status: started
ejabberd 2.1.0-alpha is running in that node
$ ps -U bob
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
 8095 ?        00:00:00 epmd
 8220 pts/4    00:00:00 su