[ejabberd] XEP-0136 implementation status

Alexander Tsvyashchenko lists at ndl.kiev.ua
Fri Jul 10 13:45:42 MSD 2009

Hello All,

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:30:46 +0200, Olivier Goffart <ogoffart at kde.org>
wrote:

>> So what is the situation ? Is mod_archive the only (old) implementation
>> of
>> XEP-0136 for ejabberd ?
>>
>> I am begging you, tell me the page is out of date :'(
>
> There is mod_archive_odbc which is a little bit more up to date.
> It uses a up-to-date version of the XEP, but doesn't support off the
> record.
> (I do not remember about groupchat)

Some small remarks:

1. mod_archive_odbc is currently also not 100% up-to-date as for current
XEP version, though still supports more features than mod_archive and the
features it currently lacks (mainly collections versioning and some
prefs-related extras) should not be a big deal for initial client
development. One should also adjust namespace (current XEP uses
'urn:xmpp:archive' but mod_archive_odbc still uses older
'http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html' - it is trivially to adjust
it in the beginning of mod_archive_odbc.erl file).

2. To the best of my knowledge, current "off the record" part of XEP-136
does not involve interaction with archiving component in any way (it's only
between two clients), so both mod_archive and mod_archive_odbc should have
nothing to do with OTR support ;-)

3. mod_archive_odbc supports groupchats archiving, though I didn't test it
that much.

--
Good luck!                                     Alexander