[ejabberd] Newbie using JsJac

hbd happybrowndog at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 03:08:08 MSD 2009

Hello I hope someone can help me.
I just got ejabberd running on my laptop with:
{hosts, ["my-laptop"]}
and
{auth_method, anonymous}
in the ejabberd.cfg file.

I am using the JsJac javascript client library to connect.
To do so, I am using the "simpleclient.html" to test things out,
but I cannot connect.

I could attach a screenshot of what I see on my laptop, but it's simpler
just to show you somebody else's simpleclient.html which is almost
exactly the same.  Here is a link:
http://www.seekface.com/dyPad/jsjac-0.5/examples/simpleclient.html

I chose HTTP Binding.  For Jabber Server I chose "my-laptop".  For HTTP
Base, I wrote "localhost".  I put in any username and no entry for a
password.  In actuality, I have no idea what to put in for HTTP Base or
Jabber Server, but the best error message I got was from what I stated
here.  It results in error message:

An error occured:
Code: 503
Type: cancel
Condition: service-unavailable

I have no idea what I need to do just to get the simple client to
connect.  Can someone please enlighten me?