[ejabberd] strange stanza size problem w/ "max_stanza_size, infinity"

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Tue Jul 21 11:17:16 MSD 2009

Hello,

I have a strange problem w/ transfering large msgs w/ ejabberd. I set
"max_stanza_size, infinity", and it works great locally (same network)
on my test server, but if I try the same thing with a remote server,
exact same config file, same ejabberd version (2.0.5-1.1), same OS
(linux), same OS version (ubuntu 8.04), any msgs longer than 10779
characters get my client disconnected. Is there some sort of implicit
size limit applied to clients when these are not on the same network
(e.g. connected over the internet)?

Thank you,
Gabriel