[ejabberd] XEP-0136 implementation status

Anaël Verrier elghinn at free.fr
Wed Jul 22 20:35:42 MSD 2009

Alexander Tsvyashchenko a écrit :
> Hello All,
>
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:30:46 +0200, Olivier Goffart <ogoffart at kde.org>
> wrote:
>
>>> So what is the situation ? Is mod_archive the only (old) implementation
>>> of
>>> XEP-0136 for ejabberd ?
>>>
>>> I am begging you, tell me the page is out of date :'(
>> There is mod_archive_odbc which is a little bit more up to date.
>> It uses a up-to-date version of the XEP, but doesn't support off the
>> record.
>> (I do not remember about groupchat)
>
> Some small remarks:
>
> 1. mod_archive_odbc is currently also not 100% up-to-date as for current
> XEP version, though still supports more features than mod_archive and the
> features it currently lacks (mainly collections versioning and some
> prefs-related extras) should not be a big deal for initial client
> development. One should also adjust namespace (current XEP uses
> 'urn:xmpp:archive' but mod_archive_odbc still uses older
> 'http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html' - it is trivially to adjust
> it in the beginning of mod_archive_odbc.erl file).
>
> 2. To the best of my knowledge, current "off the record" part of XEP-136
> does not involve interaction with archiving component in any way (it's only
> between two clients), so both mod_archive and mod_archive_odbc should have
> nothing to do with OTR support ;-)
>
> 3. mod_archive_odbc supports groupchats archiving, though I didn't test it
> that much.

Thanks for the quick response. My mentor successfully installed mod_archive_odbc
and it "works".

I found some problems with mod_archive_odbc implementation (probably due to
changes in the XEP), where can I report them? I didn't see any information
concerning bugtracker on http://www.ndl.kiev.ua/content/mod_archive_odbc-release.

Cheers.
elghinn.