[ejabberd] Clustered deployments

Carlos Abalde carlos.abalde at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:07:58 MSD 2009

Hi all!

> I'm curious about a statement I've read in ejabberd 2.0.0 release notes:
> "New front-end and back-end cluster architecture for better scalability
> and robustness. Back-end nodes are able to run a fully fault-tolerant
> XMPP router and services, but you can now deploy many front-end nodes to
> share the load without needing to synchronize any state with the back-ends."

I've looking again into this issue. After some research I've discovered
the -undocumented?- node_type configuration option used by the
ejabberd_node_groups module. After that I arrived at this old (2007)
article in process-one website:

http://www.process-one.net/en/blogs/article/angie_introducing_flexarch

This is basically the answer to my previous questions, but, I'm still
interested in people using this type of component separation out there.
How it performs, complexity, etc.

Thanks!

--
Carlos.