[ejabberd] Server-side authentication passed to client side

Kevin Mullen frantic at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jul 27 02:55:15 MSD 2009

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a web implementation of a jabber client (possibly using one of the javascript libraries I have found JsJac maybe, unless anyone can suggest a better one).

The thing is I don't want my user to log-in twice, once to my website and secondly to jabber via the clientside.  My question is:  Is there a way to authenticate with the jabber server on the web server when the user logs in, and then pass this 'authentication' by means of a token or something similar to the client?  Therefore removing the need for the client application running in the user's web browser to authenticate too?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Kevin.