[ejabberd] Server-side authentication passed to client side

Jack Moffitt jack at chesspark.com
Mon Jul 27 03:21:15 MSD 2009

> The thing is I don't want my user to log-in twice, once to my website and
> secondly to jabber via the clientside.  My question is:  Is there a way to
> authenticate with the jabber server on the web server when the user logs in,
> and then pass this 'authentication' by means of a token or something similar
> to the client?  Therefore removing the need for the client application
> running in the user's web browser to authenticate too?

Strophe's attach() function will let you handle authentication out of
band and then have the javascript connect to the preauthenticated
stream.  There is an example and a writeup here:

http://metajack.im/2008/10/03/getting-attached-to-strophe/

The Speeqe project also uses this:

http://code.stanziq.com/speeqe

jack.