[ejabberd] using extauth - presence stops working

Belorion belorion at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 01:44:06 MSD 2009

Running ejabberd 2.0.5 on WinXP box.  My extauth script is a C# executable.
Since I started using extauth, it appears that Presence notifications
stopped working.  I can still send messages, but the clients don't think the
other user is online.

Is this expected behaviour for using extauth?

Also - I've noticed that I get more than just "auth" requests against my C#
authentication executable.  It appears that "isuser" requests are also sent
to it.  That makes sense to me, since only the external auth logic could
know if a user exists.  Are there any other requests I should be handling,
other than "auth", "isuser", and "setpassword' (looking at the documentation
here: http://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd/trunk/doc/dev.html#htoc9)

regards,
Matt