[ejabberd] Issues with mod_muc_log

Augustine Ike augustineike at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 11:08:53 MSD 2009

Hi,

    I am trying to implement ejabberd as our new chat system to get
the Windows and Linux world talking together. It works great but I
have not been able to get 3 key requirements met.
1. integration with Kerberos.
    I am using ejabberd 2.0.1. I tried the patch as suggested in
ejabberd's site with no luck
2. Central logging of chats in rooms, conferences.
  NOTE: I can enable this on the client and it works well but I want
this in a central location. I have
  used the directive below:
  {mod_muc_log,[
                  {access_log, muc_admin},
                  {allow_room_log, true},
                  {outdir, "/var/www/muclogs"},
                  {dirtype, plain},
                  {timezone, universal},
   ]},
  but I don't see any logs in the given location.
I have battled this for over two weeks and your site clearly uses the
same format and syntax. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
Augustine