[ejabberd] Issues with mod_muc_log

Pablo Polvorin pablo.polvorin at process-one.net
Fri Jul 31 16:50:01 MSD 2009

On Friday 31 July 2009 04:08:53 am Augustine Ike wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am trying to implement ejabberd as our new chat system to get
> the Windows and Linux world talking together. It works great but I
> have not been able to get 3 key requirements met.
> 1. integration with Kerberos.
>     I am using ejabberd 2.0.1. I tried the patch as suggested in
> ejabberd's site with no luck
> 2. Central logging of chats in rooms, conferences.
>   NOTE: I can enable this on the client and it works well but I want
> this in a central location. I have
>   used the directive below:
>   {mod_muc_log,[
>                   {access_log, muc_admin},
>                   {allow_room_log, true},
>                   {outdir, "/var/www/muclogs"},
>                   {dirtype, plain},
>                   {timezone, universal},
>    ]},
>   but I don't see any logs in the given location.
> I have battled this for over two weeks and your site clearly uses the
> same format and syntax. What am I doing wrong here?
>
> Thanks
> Augustine
Hi,
the manual says:
"Once you enable this module, users can join a room using a MUC capable Jabber
client, and if they have enough privileges, they can request the configuration
form in which they can set the option to enable room logging."

do you see this option in the MUC configuration form?.

If you want all rooms to have logging enabled  by default, you should add that
to the set of default mod_muc options:
{logging, true}

cheers

Pablo Polvorin