[ejabberd] Issues with mod_muc_log

Augustine Ike augustineike at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 19:42:39 MSD 2009

Hi,

     Thanks for your reply on this. I tried this entry "{logging,
true}" and I did not see any change. I forgot my mod_muc entry in the
last post. See both module entries below:
===========================================.
%% All users are allowed to use MUC service:
{access, muc, [{allow, all}]}.

 {mod_muc,      [
                  {host, "conference. at HOST@"},
                  {access, muc},
                  {default_room_options,
                   [
                     {logging, true}
                   ]},
                  {access_create, muc_admin},
                  {access_persistent, muc_admin},
                  {access_admin, muc_admin},
                  {history_size, 50},
                  {max_users, 200},
                  {max_user_conferences, 20}
                 ]},
  {mod_muc_log,[
                   {access_log, muc_admin},
                   {cssfile, false},
                   {outdir, "/var/www/muclogs/"},
                   {dirtype, subdirs},
                   {timezone, universal}
  ]},
I am using Pidgin in Linux and Windows and I have turned on :Enable
Logging" in the conference window.
I can see my conference logs in  client machine or machines I enabled this on in
.purple/logs/jabber/jabberadmin@<domain name>/it at conference.<domain name>.chat$
There is nothing in "/var/www/muclogs".

all muc settings are working exceptionally well for me except
mod_muc_log. The pdf file explains this in depth but I can't get this
work. I may be missing some thing else but I just can't see it for
now. I'll keep troubleshooting but anything to make this easy will be
appreciated.

Augustine.