[ejabberd] Issues with mod_muc_log

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 21:42:55 MSD 2009

2009/7/31 Augustine Ike <augustineike at gmail.com>:
>     Thanks for your reply on this. I tried this entry "{logging,
> true}" and I did not see any change.

Ok, this setting will be used for newly created rooms.

> I can see my conference logs in  client machine or machines I enabled this on in
> .purple/logs/jabber/jabberadmin@<domain name>/it at conference.<domain name>.chat$

Those logs are created by your client in your client machine. ejabberd
is not involved in this.

> I am using Pidgin in Linux and Windows and I have turned on :Enable
> Logging" in the conference window.
> There is nothing in "/var/www/muclogs".

Those logs should be created by ejabberd, in the server machine.

If they are not created, check ejabberd.log and sasl.log for error
messages thay may help to determine the problem.

Typical problems:
* maybe the dir  "/var/www/muclogs" doesn't exist
* maybe the system user that runs ejabberd does not have write access
in that dir

---
Badlop
ProcessOne