[ejabberd] Server drops random messages from muc with error 503.

Stephan Maihöfer sma at turtle-entertainment.de
Tue Jun 9 14:28:40 MSD 2009

hi,

this is almost exactly what i have. i still get a "service-unavailable"
in like 30% of all messages sent to these hosts. even in
service discovery and room-join these hosts seem "unresponsive".

i tried around a bit with s2s settings and DNS but nothing
got me any further. i set s2s to on (was off before) and
set the relevant hosts to "allow". i put the relevant hosts
in /etc/hosts to point to localhost. so the server knows
where to send messages to from DNS. does the client need to
have a valid DNS as well? (i guess not since it works "sometimes").

here is the relevant parts of my config. the only thing that is "odd"
is maybe the different domain for the main host. could this be a problem?

{hosts, ["example.com", "chess.jabber.org" ]}.

%%{route_subdomains, s2s}.
{5269, ejabberd_s2s_in, [{shaper, s2s_shaper},{max_stanza_size, 131072}]},
{s2s_default_policy, deny}.
{{s2s_host, "example.com"}, allow}.
{{s2s_host, "chess.jabber.org"}, allow}.

{host_config, "example.com", [
{modules,
 [
  {mod_adhoc,    []},
  {mod_announce, [{access, announce}]}, % recommends mod_adhoc
  {mod_caps,     []},
  {mod_configure,[]}, % requires mod_adhoc
  {mod_disco,    [{extra_domains, ["chess.jabber.org"]}]},
  {mod_muc,      [
                  {host, "conference. at HOST@"},
                  {access, muc},
                  {access_create, muc},
                  {access_persistent, muc},
                  {default_room_options, [{logging, false}, {anonymous, false}, {modify_title, false}, {members_only, true}]},
                  {max_user_conferences, 15},
                  {max_users, 1000},
                  {access_admin, muc_admin}
                 ]},
 ]}
]}.

{host_config, "chess.jabber.org", [
        {modules,
         [
          {mod_caps,     []},
          {mod_configure,[]},
          {mod_disco,    []},
          {mod_muc,      [
                          {host, "@HOST@"},
                          {access, muc},
                          {access_create, muc},
                          {access_persistent, muc},
                          {default_room_options, [{logging, true}, {anonymous, false}, {modify_title, false}]},
                          {access_admin, muc_admin}
                         ]},
          {mod_muc_log, [
                          {access_log, muc},