[ejabberd] Degradation over time.

James McGill james.mcgill at ableengineering.com
Thu Jun 11 09:50:12 MSD 2009


On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Jorge Guntanis <jorge at guntanis.com> wrote:

> Hey List,
> I hava been having this issue for a while, basically what happen is that
> after probably a week or so, you try and log in and ejabberd replies back
> with an unauthorized, but if you try a couple of more times it works.
> Another one is that I randomly get no roster until I log off and log back
> again, same with the groups, I'm using 2.0.5 with both, odbc authentication
> and mod_odbc_roster
> If I restart the ejabberd service, this stops for a while, but it comes
> back again.
>
> Has anyone experienced something similar? or any insight will be
> appreciated.


I don't know if it's related, but I did have a similar problem with users
who were in the roster not showing up in the client.
I had to write my own LDAP roster importer, because for unknown reasons the
JID in the roster wouldn't match the logged in user.  My theory is a strange
unicode conversion, because the behavior changed when I started converting
my roster entries directly to utf-8.   (Otherwise I have no earthly idea why
it works now, but it's in production and working great for several weeks
now.)

-- 
James McGill
Able Engineering
Phoenix AZ USA
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/attachments/20090610/8a9e6a95/attachment.htm>


More information about the ejabberd mailing list