[ejabberd] add/auth window continues to appear

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 12:39:07 MSD 2009

2009/6/15 Jesse Thompson <jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu>:
> We have been seeing sporadic cases where Psi users get into an Add/Auth loop
> where the window keeps popping up after adding a contact.

> We upgrade from ejabberd 1.1.4 to 2.0.4 a few weeks ago, and it is possible
> that these problems started happening after the upgrade, but it is hard to
> tell for sure.

As Andreas pointed, you are seeing this bug:
  Subscription request produces many authorization requests with some
clients and transports

The bug was introduced in ejabberd 2.0.4, and was fixed in 2.0.5

> I approached the Psi-dev list first.  I opened a bug report here:
> http://flyspray.psi-im.org/task/968
> (you can find an xml console log attached to the bug report.)

Once you update to ejabberd 2.0.5 and you confirm that the problem is
solved (and caused by ejabberd 2.0.4), remember to close that bug
report :)

---
Badlop
ProcessOne