[ejabberd] Seeing users' genders: implementation opinions?

Kirk Bateman kirk.bateman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 02:12:27 MSD 2009

Gabriel,

I was thinking something like vcard for storing the users gender as it
isn't likely to change often.

Could then store number of male and female contacts as either pubsub
or pep nodes. One issue though is, if a user changes gender at some
point then you need to recalculate the number of male and female
contacts for everyone that has that user on their roster. It might be
possible to force recalculation at login (during the get roster maybe).

Cheers

Kirk Bateman

On 17 Jun 2009, at 10:52 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>