[ejabberd] resource constraint

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 00:45:30 MSK 2009

2009/2/20 Fabio Forno <fabio.forno at gmail.com>:
> we are getting the same error when registering new users:
> "resource constraint
> The server or recipient lacks the system resource necessary to service
> the request."
>
> Even when trying removing IP check with "{registration_timeout,
> infinity}" (and even {registration_timeout, 0}).

If you create an account, and few seconds later you send:

<iq id='1' type='set'>
  <query xmlns='jabber:iq:register'>
    <username>test4</username>
    <password>aaaaa</password>
  </query>
</iq>

Do you get?

<iq from='localhost'
	id='1'
	type='error'>
  <query xmlns='jabber:iq:register'>
    <username>test4</username>
    <password>aaaa</password>
  </query>
  <error type='wait'
	code='500'>
    <resource-constraint xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/>
    <text xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'>Users are not
allowed to register acounts so fast</text>
  </error>
</iq>

Then put in ejabberd.cfg :
{registration_timeout, infinity}.

Make sure the option is not defined later in the same file (as it
would probably overwrite the value).

I tested with desktop clients that this option works. And Testsuite's
userreg can create 1000 accounts in 3 seconds.

---
Badlop,
ProcessOne