[ejabberd] node_type and frontend/backend separation.

Tim Stewart tim at stoo.org
Mon Mar 9 03:21:11 MSK 2009

Hello ejabberd at jabber.ru,

I am wondering if someone can describe to me how to use the node_type
option and what its intended purpose is.  I came across the option and
the logic in ejabberd_node_groups.erl while looking for a way to
restart an individual ejabberd backend without interrupting IM client
connections.  Is this what this option is designed to do?

My specific need is to be able to restart Mnesia underneath ejabberd
to repair the occasional partitioned_network condition without
requiring that all clients get disconnected.  If node_type can help me
solve this problem, how do you actually set up a cluster to take
advantage of it?

Thanks for any help,

--
-TimS