[ejabberd] mod_rest and pubsub

Paul Kinlan paul.kinlan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 12:59:31 MSK 2009

Hi Guys,

Sorry to keep hastling you. I have a couple of questions.

I have a service that uses pubsub (I got it working brilliantly).

   1. Pubsub seems to store the messages that have been sent when a
   subscribing user is offline.  Is there any to disable this?  I was thinking
   that mod_offline would be a default plugin, but I am not sure and I can't
   work it out after reading the documentation.
   2. Mod_Rest:  This works brilliantly when sending messages, however, I
   need to send the following pubsub iq stanza (which mod_rest doesn't seem to
   support) does anyone have any ideas how I could do this?

The iq that I need to send from a http/rest end point is

<iq type="set" to="pubsub.qire.view.qire.co.uk" id="publish1">
  <pubsub xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub">
    <publish node="/home/qire.view.qire.co.uk/admin/CTI">
      <item>({ id: 1, action: "InQueue", Salutation: "Mr Paul Kinlan"
})</item>
    </publish>
  </pubsub>
</iq>

If it means that I use mod_rest to send the "admin" user a message and that
user then pubishes the message that is ok, but I need to understand how to
do (I am still new to ejabberd).

Thanks.
Paul.