[ejabberd] Yahoo Support!

Michael Ossareh ossareh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 22:55:47 MSK 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> On 3/20/09 11:52 AM, Vikas Singhal wrote:
>> And how can I do that in ejabberd!
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im
>> <mailto:stpeter at stpeter.im>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 3/20/09 11:48 AM, Vikas Singhal wrote:
>>     > Hi All,
>>     >
>>     > As you know, we can add and chat with gtalk friend in our jabber
>>     roster.
>>     > Is the same possible for Yahoo! (I know Yahoo does not use XMPP,
>>     but still)?
>>     >
>>     > Any pointers would be appreciated.
>>
>>     Google Talk uses XMPP. To enable communication with Yahoo, you need to
>>     install a third-party "gateway" that translates between XMPP and Yahoo's
>>     proprietary protocol.
>
> Your best option is probably to install the following code and configure
> ejabberd to accept it as a component:
>
> http://xmpppy.sourceforge.net/yahoo/
>
> More details here:
>
> http://www.ejabberd.im/tutorials-transports

*Shameless plug*

We found that many of these python transports didn't conform to
XEP-100, and we also wanted very scalable ones (not a knock on
twisted, but we just prefer erlang for socket/protocol/fsm stuff).

We're done with our transports by in large and our business focus is
elsewhere so if anyone is interested in buying our transports let me
know:

 + msn (latest protocol implementation - libpurple is still a few
releases behind us)
 + aim/icq
 + yahoo
 + myspace