[ejabberd] SMS

Michael Ossareh ossareh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 00:23:11 MSK 2009

Hi Paul,

I would suggest not worrying too much about how to connect to SMS
gateways. There are many http orientated SMS providers out there that
you could build your gateway to talk to (for example clickatel).

I also suggest you build a gateway, mainly so that its not bound to ejabberd.

If you build the SMS connectivity piece so that its modular that would
be cool too; so I could choose whether I wanted to use your HTTP
Connector or perhaps a SMPP connector. I configured it as needed
(entering my clickatel http url/credentials/etc or my SMPP service
details).

(Seems the world is lacking a decent pySMPP...).

Mike

god loves atheists, Fact: http://www.mrwiggleslovesyou.com/comics/rehab477.jpg