[ejabberd] Why subscription requests can not be resent until the target user go online?

Xia Qingran qingran.xia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:31:23 MSK 2009

Hi, all

I am trying to take use of ejabberd to build a XMPP service for our Open
Source software community.

Now I have a big problem that when I subscribed the offline guys, he or she
would not get authentication notice to approve my subscription. But when the
target user is online, he or she will immediately get the notice of
authentication. The jabber client is Pidgin 2.5.2.

I think there is something wrong in configuration of ejabberd. Can anyone
give me some advice?

I am running ejabberd 2.0.4 on ubuntu 8.10. I have written my own extauth
script for our user management, and store all the rosters and vcard
information in postgresql-8.3.6. And it is running very good except above
condition.

The contents of ejabberd.cfg are listed as follows:

{loglevel, 5}.

{hosts, ["mydomain.org"]}.

{listen,
 [

  {5222, ejabberd_c2s, [
            {certfile, "/usr/local/ejabberd-2.0.4/conf/server.pem"},
starttls,
            {access, c2s},
            {shaper, c2s_shaper},
            {max_stanza_size, 65536}
               ]},

  {5280, ejabberd_http, [
             http_bind,
             web_admin
            ]}
 ]}.

{auth_method, external}.
{extauth_program, "/usr/local/ejabberd-2.0.4/bin/
ejabberd_extauth_zeuux.com.py"}.

{odbc_server, {pgsql, "localhost", "ejabberd", "ejabberd", "ejabberd"}}.
{odbc_pool_size, 5}.

{pgsql_users_number_estimate, true}.

{shaper, normal, {maxrate, 5000000}}.

{shaper, fast, {maxrate, 50000000}}.

{acl, admin, {user, "qingran", "mydomain.org"}}.

{acl, local, {user_regexp, ""}}.

{access, max_user_sessions, [{5, all}]}.

{access, local, [{allow, local}]}.

{access, c2s, [{deny, blocked},
           {allow, all}]}.

{access, c2s_shaper, [{none, admin},
              {normal, all}]}.

{access, s2s_shaper, [{deny, all}]}.

{access, announce, [{allow, admin}]}.

{access, configure, [{allow, admin}]}.

{access, muc_admin, [{allow, admin}]}.

{access, muc, [{allow, all}]}.

{access, register, [{deny, all}]}.

{access, pubsub_createnode, [{allow, all}]}.

{language, "en"}.

%%%   =======
%%%   MODULES

%%
%% Modules enabled in all ejabberd virtual hosts.
%%
{modules,
 [
  {mod_adhoc,    []},
  {mod_announce, [{access, announce}]}, % requires mod_adhoc
  {mod_caps,     []},
  {mod_configure,[]}, % requires mod_adhoc
  {mod_disco,    []},

  {mod_http_bind,[ {max_inactivity, 60} ]},

  {mod_offline,  []},
  {mod_privacy_odbc,  []},
  {mod_private_odbc,  []},

  {mod_pubsub,   [ % requires mod_caps
          {access_createnode, pubsub_createnode},
          {plugins, ["default", "pep"]}
         ]},
  {mod_roster_odbc,   []},

  {mod_shared_roster,[]},

  {mod_time,     []},
  {mod_vcard_odbc,    []},
  {mod_version,  []}
 ]}.

夏清然
Xia Qingran
qingran.xia at gmail.com

Isaac Asimov  - "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."