[ejabberd] Problematic ejabberd 2.0.4; was Re: Why subscription requests can not be

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 13:19:30 MSK 2009

2009/3/25 Xia Qingran <qingran.xia at gmail.com>:
> Now I have a big problem that when I subscribed the offline guys, he or she
> would not get authentication notice to approve my subscription. But when the
> target user is online, he or she will immediately get the notice of
> authentication. ...

> I am running ejabberd 2.0.4 ...

> I think there is something wrong in configuration of ejabberd. Can anyone
> give me some advice?

I'm sorry to inform that I wrote a fix (included in ejabberd 2.0.4)
that broke other parts of subscription and roster.

So, ejabberd 2.0.4 solved this:
  Privacy rules can't stop subscription requests
but it introduced other problems, like
  Subscription request produces many authorization requests with some
clients and transports
and the problem that you explain now.

Both EJAB-890 and the problem that you explain are solved by ejabberd SVN r1998:
https://forge.process-one.net/changelog/ejabberd/?cs=1998

ejabberd 2.0.5 is planned for soon release, and will include just that:
https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB/fixforversion/10301

You have several options:
* Keep 2.0.4 until 2.0.5 is released in the next days
* If you installed 2.0.4 from binary installer, install the previous
ejabberd 2.0.3, which didn't have this problem
* If you installed 2.0.4 from source package, apply the patch:
http://tkabber.jabber.ru/files/download/ejabberd-2.0.x-r1998.diff

---
Badlop,
ProcessOne