[ejabberd] SMS

Michael Ossareh ossareh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 06:31:36 MSK 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Paul Kinlan <paul.kinlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I have just started a project on Github, it is a gateway.  There is no code
> yet, but I have some working demos on my machine that I will put up soon.
>
> http://github.com/PaulKinlan/xmppsmsgateway/tree/master
>
> The first gateway that it will support is Wadja, purely because our
> www.twe2.com uses wadja.
>
> The hardest problem I think I will face is incomming messags (if it is even
> possible).

I think building an API into your gateway which lets you support http
callback from your aggregator wouldn't be too hard.

However clearly it should be your prio to just get it working, and
then work out how to build towards, and subsequently opensouce!, a
flexible/robust version.

You may even want to make it less of an all encompassing product by
harnessing kannel ? For my sins I once wrote a perl tool which used
kannel heavily. It's useful for connecting to aggregators and getting
data back from them and into your app.