[ejabberd] "killall -9 firefox" can not make JWCHAT's client offline on ejabberd-2.0.3 !

Xia Qingran qingran.xia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 17:05:29 MSK 2009

Hi, everyone,

Is anyone tell me how to take the http_bind's inactive users offline?

My website's XMPP service is taking use of JWCHAT and ejabberd-2.0.3's
http_bind on Ubuntu Linux.

I found out that lots of visitors are online by "ejabberdctl
connected-users", but in fact most of them have gone offline by checking our
website's session universal storage.

By the way, when I use "killall -9 firefox on my desktop", on the server
side I found my account is still online. Then I make "max_inactivity" to 10.
However after 10 seconds the inactive users are still online. Therefore I
think many visitor directly shut down the browser, and ejabberd's does not
take the inactive or timeout user offline.

The contents of ejabberd.cfg are listed as follows:
=========================================={loglevel, 5}.

{hosts, ["mydomain.org"]}.

{listen,
 [

  {5222, ejabberd_c2s, [
            {certfile, "/usr/local/ejabberd-2.0.4/conf/server.pem"},
starttls,
            {access, c2s},
            {shaper, c2s_shaper},
            {max_stanza_size, 65536}
               ]},

  {5280, ejabberd_http, [
             http_bind,
             web_admin
            ]}
 ]}.

{auth_method, external}.
{extauth_program,
"/usr/local/ejabberd-2.0.4/bin/ejabberd_extauh.py<http://ejabberd_extauth_zeuux.com.py/>
"}.

{odbc_server, {pgsql, "localhost", "ejabberd", "ejabberd", "ejabberd"}}.
{odbc_pool_size, 5}.

{pgsql_users_number_estimate, true}.

{shaper, normal, {maxrate, 5000000}}.

{shaper, fast, {maxrate, 50000000}}.

{acl, admin, {user, "qingran", "mydomain.org"}}.

{acl, local, {user_regexp, ""}}.

{access, max_user_sessions, [{5, all}]}.

{access, local, [{allow, local}]}.

{access, c2s, [{deny, blocked},
           {allow, all}]}.

{access, c2s_shaper, [{none, admin},
              {normal, all}]}.

{access, s2s_shaper, [{deny, all}]}.

{access, announce, [{allow, admin}]}.

{access, configure, [{allow, admin}]}.

{access, muc_admin, [{allow, admin}]}.

{access, muc, [{allow, all}]}.

{access, register, [{deny, all}]}.

{access, pubsub_createnode, [{allow, all}]}.

{language, "en"}.

%%%   =======
%%%   MODULES

%%
%% Modules enabled in all ejabberd virtual hosts.
%%
{modules,
 [
  {mod_adhoc,    []},
  {mod_announce, [{access, announce}]}, % requires mod_adhoc
  {mod_caps,     []},
  {mod_configure,[]}, % requires mod_adhoc
  {mod_disco,    []},

  {mod_http_bind,[ {max_inactivity, 10} ]},

  {mod_offline,  []},
  {mod_privacy_odbc,  []},
  {mod_private_odbc,  []},

  {mod_pubsub,   [ % requires mod_caps
          {access_createnode, pubsub_createnode},
          {plugins, ["default", "pep"]}
         ]},
  {mod_roster_odbc,   []},

  {mod_shared_roster,[]},

  {mod_time,     []},
  {mod_vcard_odbc,    []},
  {mod_version,  []}
 ]}.

Thanks very much.

--
夏清然
Xia Qingran
qingran.xia at gmail.com
Sent from: Beijing 11 China.
Isaac Asimov  - "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."