[ejabberd] domain_balancing and destination option

Arne Claassen arne at getorganyzd.com
Sun Mar 29 19:37:01 MSD 2009

I know that components don't have a resource, so I'm a little confused
what the domain_balancing option of 'destination' vs.
'bare_destination' does. I assumed i could send to component.foo.com/x
and the destination option would pick one component the first time and
then have an affinitiy thereafter, using the resource as the balancer.
However using a resource at all in the Jid actually returns a 404. So
is 'destination' just a forward looking option for a time when
components could have a resource?

thanks,
arne