[ejabberd] 100 mb per c2s connection (+patch)

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri May 1 00:53:09 MSD 2009

2009/4/28 Anton Belyaev <anton.belyaev at gmail.com>:
> And what is the common practice for such occasions?
> Should one post patches to the mailing list or create a ticket by himself?

There aren't guidelines for ejabberd. The common practice I've seen
is: either of them.
So for now common sense applies.

I can tell you my opinion:

The benefit of mentioning in the mailing list is that you get
attention from more people, and not only developers: also admins. This
is desirable if you prefer to get some discussion to clarify remaining
doubts, or get betatesters for your code.

The benefit of reporting yourself at the bug tracker is that you save
other people to report themselves. On the other way, creating a ticket
is not much a problem for those that do daily (like me) and already
have an account.

Sometimes a big issue is reported in the bug tracker and the ticket is
announced in the mailing list.

---