[ejabberd] extauth crashes. performance?

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:49:34 MSD 2009

2009/5/5 Stephan Maihöfer <sma at turtle-entertainment.de>:
> we would love to authenticate against a webservice using json or xml or
> something like that. would that mean we would have to write mod_auth_json?

Maybe call it ejabberd_auth_json instead of mod_auth_json.

You can base it in ejabberd_auth_external (or other ejabberd_auth_*
file). Change the code that performs extauth calls with new code that
calls json, xmlrpc...

> would that scale better than external authentication just because it is
> inside ejabberd?

> is there something like that around already?

You can find example ejabberd_auth_* in the ejabberd code itself.
I didn't find any more in http://www.ejabberd.im/contributions

If you want example code to perform XML-RPC calls, there is an Erlang
library for that.
ejabberd_xmlrpc uses the library to implement an XML-RPC server, and
its documentation mentions how to perform XML-RPC calls using that
library.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne