[ejabberd] Problem with active directory addressbook

Theodotos Andreou theo at prime-tel.com
Wed May 6 17:25:34 MSD 2009

Evgeniy Khramtsov wrote:
> Theodotos Andreou wrote:
>> %% LDAP manager:
>> {ldap_rootdn, "ejabberd at example.com"}.
>>
> wtf?

Indeed!

>> Authentication is working
>
> Then enable debug and look into it. Actually default configuration (from
> ejabberd guide) works for most people.
> By the way, are you able to see vcard of a user?

If I press "Get Info" on a buddy I get:

Client: Pidgin 2.5.2 (libpurple 2.5.2)

---

Full Name: User Userides
Email: user at example.com
Title: Junior Engineer
Telephone: +876868768
Given Name: User
Family Name: Userides
Organisation Name: Example Ltd
Organisation Unit: Net

Is this vcard information?

I have been doing some tcpdumping on the communication between the
jabber and the active directory server and the query looks like:

Filter: (&(&(sAMAccountName=*)(memberOf=*))(fn=*Ejabberd*))

I have search for Ejabberd under "Name"

What is that fn over there? It does not look like a valid attribute and
I cannot find such an attribute on any of the users of AD