[ejabberd] XMPP for "Live" Open Street Map

Brian Cully bcully at gmail.com
Wed May 13 21:39:19 MSD 2009

	I'd recommend using PubSub over MUC. PubSub is far more configurable
on the client and server end than MUC and allows finer control over
delivery. The only potential drawback is that, without hacking
ejabberd, you must backend your data into mnesia rather than a
traditional database.

	300k per minute is no big deal and ejabberd should be able to keep up
with it easily. A bigger concern is the size of each stanza, as large
stanzas can slow down client interactivity because XMPP cannot
interleave stanza delivery. Thus one big stanza will prevent delivery
of many smaller stanzas until the big stanza itself has been delivered.

-bjc