[ejabberd] ejabberd & http bind

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Fri May 29 11:25:04 MSD 2009

Hello Carlos,

Carlos Abalde wrote:

> I'm still investigating the origin of the problem, but I've detected
> that in a simple scenario (set of clients periodically changing their
> status and sending messages) the size of the FSM processes implemented
> in the http_bind module are constantly growing (the same scenario
> using the normal jabber interface works fine). Specifically, the
> req_list in the state record grows and grows until complete memory
> exhaustion.

Has your client a connection open ?
In Bosh you are supposed to keep a connection open to the server to
retrieve messages as they arrive. If you do not retrieve the messages,
yes the server will buffer them, until you reconnect or until you reach
the timeout (30 seconds as a default).

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/