[ejabberd] Alternate authentication for BOSH clients?

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Sat May 30 03:21:57 MSD 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Pablo Platt <pablo.platt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> is it possible to create the session for the client IP using an ejabberd
> module and send back the Sid and Rid?

I did this. It's ugly code which I don't plan on releasing, but it
works well enough. It involves a custom extauth module that accepts a
backdoor password and an ejabberd_http request_handler that does a
bunch of calls to ejabberd_http_bind:process_request/2. The web
server, authenticating as a system user, requests
/http_prebind/username to get the SID and RID, then includes them in
the HTML.

To craft the process_request calls, I copied the XML directly from a
strophe debug console. Contact me directly if you need more hints.

Andy