[ejabberd] Pubsub plugins

Theo Cushion theo at jivatechnology.com
Mon Nov 23 22:01:29 MSK 2009

Hi

I am currently re-implementing the Pubsub side of our project. I
noticed in ejabberd 2.1.0 that there have been a lot of changes to the
Pubsub code and it now appears that these plugins are available:

* buddy
* club
* dag
* dispatch
* flat
* hometree
* mb
* pep
* private
* public

I can't find an explanation of what each one of these do.

I'm guessing they line up like so:

* pep => xep-0163
* dag => xep-0248 (the Directed Acyclic Graph portion at least)
* hometree => Is this how 2.0.5 used to represent a tree structure
when doing service discovery?
* mb => microblogging

* private ?
* public ?
* dispatch ?
* club ?
* buddy ?

What state are these in (ie are they production ready?) and what about
plugins like 'dag' which I'm guessing refer to the deferred spec
xep-0248?

Regarding the tree like structure as shown by the service discovery in
previous version of ejabberd - is this an ejabberdism? Or is there
part of a spec I have overlooked? Should we use it?

Thanks

Theo