[ejabberd] How to install XEP-0154 - User Profile (deferred) and XEP-0191 Simple Communication Blocking

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 01:55:42 MSK 2009

2009/11/24 Tharindu Madushanka <tharindufit at gmail.com>:
> I have installed ejabberd using binary installer in Linux. I went through
> ejabberd list of supported protocols and saw that XEP 0154 and XEP 0191 is
> not added from that install. If I want to add that protocol support, I saw
> they are mentioned as 'contrib'
>
> And is there any guide on how to add these protocol support ? It will be
> really helpful

First, XEP-0154: User Profile
is deferred, so there isn't particular interest in implementing it.

Do you know any client that supports it? Tkabber, Gajim, Jabbim, Psi do not.

Regarding ejabberd support, you can download ejabberd-modules SVN, go
to mod_profile/trunk, compile, copy the beam and enable in your
ejabberd.cfg

Regarding XEP-0191: Simple Communications Blocking

Tkabber SVN implements that XEP, but other popular clients like Psi,
Jabbim and Gajim do not. Do you know any other client that supports
it?

In ejabberd the XEP is implemented as a patch in

You can apply that patch to ejabberd 2.1.0 source code, compile
ejabberd and install.
But notice the patch relies on mod_privacy, not compatible with
mod_privacy_odbc.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne