[ejabberd] How to support Chinese username?

wei tsingmei at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 18:40:49 MSD 2009

Hi all,
I use English username "alex" to register and login, everything goes well.

When I add a Chinese username called "中文" into the Database, user "alex" can
add him as friend. But, I can't login as user "中文". I tried UTF-8 format JID
node as well as ANSI format, none is available,  the return stanza is
always:

[008:000]    <failure xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl'>
[008:000]      <not-authorized/>
[008:000]    </failure>
[008:000] XmppLoginTask::Advance - LOGINSTATE_SASL_RUNNING

What's the reason?

Bunch of Thanks.

Alex