[ejabberd] XEP-184

Jan Koum jan.koum at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 20:49:27 MSD 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 3:06 AM, Konstantin Khomoutov <
flatworm at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Jan Koum wrote:
>
>  if we want to implement XEP-184, there is nothing that needs to be done on
>> the server, right?  it is pure client-to-client?
>>
> Right.
>
>  also, is there anything similar to XEP-184 but for server message
>> receipts?
>> so if client is offline, server will say "hey, i got the message"
>>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0022.html (now deprecated) can be used to
> force ejabberd notify your application when it saved the message into
> offline storage (ejabberd supports this).

late follow up question on this subject, but.. can XEP-184 be used with
offline users as well?  for example, lets say Romeo send a message to Julia
with a receipt request, but Julia is not online.  at some point later Julia
signs on, retrieves her off-line messages and send back message receipts,
right?  But what if Romeo has also logged out by this time -- would ejabberd
store the message receipt from Julia to Romeo until Romeo logs back in and
retreives his message receipt?

thanks,

-- yan