[ejabberd] jabber ID aliasing?

Jan Koum jan.koum at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 09:07:00 MSD 2009

hi there,

(sorry, this is not ejabberd specific question, but maybe some xmpp expert
here can point me in the right direction)

i am trying to find a way to do a jabber id aliasing.  for example, say i
create an account Bob2000 on the jabber server and to some close friends i
will be known as Bob2000.  but there is a group of people who i don't want
to tell my real jabber ID and so i want to create Bob3000 alias and give
them Bob3000 to message me by.  is there any way to do this sort of xmpp
"aliasing" without actually creating Bob3000 ID?

thanks,

-- yan