[ejabberd] Filing Jira tickets

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:22:42 MSD 2009

2009/10/21 Liam <ejabberd at networkimprov.net>:
> I've identified a number of issues in 2.1.0-rc1 (with the windows installer,
> docs, and pubsub). I've documented them at ejabberd.im, but not seen much
> response.
>
> Are users encouraged to file tickets in Jira? If so, I'll do that...

In your case, yes: you propose ideas for improvements in code and
documentation. You expect not only an answer in the forum (agree/badidea),
you also expect that some of them are implemented (now or later) in the code.

> FYI:
> http://www.ejabberd.im/ejabberd-2.1.0-rc1#comment-54773 &

The first points can go in a ticket:
* Proposals for Windows binary installer

The others in a ticket:
* Proposals to improve documentation of installation

> http://www.ejabberd.im/ejabberd-2.1.0-rc1#comment-54780

That is a particular problem, not a bug, so the forum is a good place.

> http://www.ejabberd.im/node/3646#comment-54782

* Remove support for the nonstandard pubsub#type

* Support multiple <item> elements in a publish request

> http://www.ejabberd.im/node/3710

* Support PubSub IQ Notifications

If you create the tickets, you will receive email notifications of any
changes in them.
I'll update the tickets names and categories if needed.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne