[ejabberd] Announcing ejabberd 2.1.0 rc2
jerome.sautret at process-one.net
Wed Oct 21 14:58:22 MSD 2009
The second release candidate of ejabberd 2.1 has been published by ProcessOne.
ejabberd 2.1.0 rc2 is available as source code as well as binary
installers for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows from here:
The readme text is here:
The list of changes in rc2 compared to rc1 are:
* Use queue to reduce quadratic time effort on selective receive.
* Pack presences stored in C2S processes to reduce memory consumption.
* Support gen_tcp send timeout to close the connection if the
destination has disconnected ungracefully or cannot keep up with the
rate at which we are sending data.
* Pubsub node names are used verbatim, without separating by
slash, unless a node plugin uses its own separator.
* Many miscellaneous fixes and improvements in PubSub, PEP and Caps.
* New general option max_fsm_queue.
* New option backlog for ejabberd_listener to increase TCP backlog.
* New mod_pubsub option max_items_node.
* New CAPTCHA example script.
* In default config, only local accounts can create rooms and pubsub nodes.
* New Greek translation. Also updated Catalan and Polish.
* Improve compilation in Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
The involved tickets can be browsed here:
http://redir.process-one.net/ejabberd-2.1.0_rc2. You can report
problems by creating new tickets here:
More information about the ejabberd