[ejabberd] Announcing ejabberd 2.1.0 rc2

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:01:29 MSD 2009

2009/10/21 Jérôme Sautret <jerome.sautret at process-one.net>:
>    * Support gen_tcp send timeout to close the connection if the
> destination has disconnected ungracefully or cannot keep up with the
> rate at which we are sending data.

That feature is enabled when using Erlang/OTP R13; ejabberd should
disable it when using R12 or older because those don't support it.

Due to an unfortunate mistake in the version detection I implemented,
here comes the first bug for rc2:
  S2S Out connections fail in ejabberd 2.1.0-rc2 when using Erlang/OTP
R12 or older

The problem affects also binary installers because they use Erlang R12B-5.

Fortunately, the solution is simple.
In the mentioned page you can find the small patch for source packages,
and a fixed compiled file that you can copy to your installed directory.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne