[ejabberd] additional information in MUC-disco

Stephan Maihöfer sma at turtle-entertainment.de
Thu Oct 22 18:26:24 MSD 2009

hi,

another one ;)

since i don't like how ejabberd notifies me of the ammount of people
that are in a muc-room and even patched that out of ejabberd for
me (https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-714) i would like
to know if the XEP for disco items would allow me to integrate
some extra data. i am thinking of something like this:

<item jid="test at test.de">
 <participants>5</participants>
</item>

in a disco reply. this would massively reduce server load on checking
the status of a few hundred chatrooms and would allow for easy adding
of "proprietary" information in own muc modules.

though i see this in the XEP:

 <xs:element name='item'>
    <xs:complexType>
      <xs:simpleContent>
        <xs:extension base='empty'>
          <xs:attribute name='jid' type='fullJIDType' use='required'/>
          <xs:attribute name='name' type='xs:string' use='optional'/>
          <xs:attribute name='node' type='xs:string' use='optional'/>
        </xs:extension>
      </xs:simpleContent>
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>

does this mean it would be "illegal" to add information in that place?

greetings,
stephan